Google+

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Squeezing in some fun!

Ok, ok, so I know you all are madly getting ready for Christmas but I wanted to share one last post on a few of the fall  activities that kept us busy!  

We visited a corn maze and picked up some dried corn and used our fine motor skills to pick out the kernels with tweezers.  It took the kiddos a while to do this but they quite enjoyed it.

 
We also made these scarecrows by decorating a paper bag, stuffing it with straw and then tying it onto corn stalks with yarn.  I think they turned out great!


We threaded fruit loops onto spaghetti sticks stuck in playdough.  Great fine motor fun!


We practiced drawing shapes and letters.  I filled resealable baggies with paint (and taped the top closed) and had the kids use Q-tips to draw shapes and letters on the bag.  I use these all the time with my class, it's something I can pull out quick and the kids love them.  We use them to practice pre-printing shapes, letters, sight words you name it!

Paint filled printing bags



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the paint in the baggie for writing/drawing. I am soooo making these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it Laura! They are very fun and the kids really like them! You can also add 2 colors in the baggie and have the kids mix colors as well! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just paint? Is that all you need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep just paint! But you can add glitter if you'd like. I have also used hair gel too and it works as well, just make sure to use a darker color.

      Delete
  4. Just thought I’d let you know I included a link to your q-tip writing on my personal blog. Such a cute idea! Thanks for the post!

    Amy Senter
    aspoolofthread.etsy.com

    http://www.amyroachsenter.blogspot.com/2013/04/10-toddler-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea.! I will try it soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of paint did you use? I just tried shaving cream, but it melted or fell apart over night- boo! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh that sucks that shaving cream didn't work. I just use tempera paint. Even the cheap stuff from the dollar store works well. Good luck!

      Delete


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.

View more gifts at Zazzle.